Healthcare is a highly stressful, time-consuming and rewarding career path. Fortunately, there are many tips and tricks being shared around the internet by your peers! Here are just a few life hacks to help make your life easier in 2019.
- Keep your resolutions top of mind. Making them part of your passwords can be a great way to reinforce your goals multiple times a day!
- When you feel like biting your tongue, bite your lip instead. Some studies have shown biting your lips can reduce anxiety and put you in a better mood.
- The color yellow can help you stay focused while the color green promotes creativity. Keep items nearby in colors that stimulate the right mental state. Those items could be things like file folders, post-it notes, artwork or photos.
- Draw benchmarks on your water bottle. Drinking water will not only help keep you from any unhealthy snacking but can also help improve your concentration and cognition. Our brains are mostly water after all!
- Master those Macros. Taking a few minutes to set up Macros in your EHR can save you tons of time in the long run. If you find yourself typing the same phrase for every patient, then why not save yourself 30 seconds? It will add up quickly.
- Power down at night. Getting enough sleep is an absolute must to be at the top of your game at work. Turn off any electronic screens about two hours before going to bed to help your brain wind down. We suggest opting for reading a good book instead!
- Exercise. It can be hard to find the time or enthusiasm to hit the gym after being at work all day. Keep a clean gym bag in your car full of everything you need for a good workout. You never know when the opportunity will come up and this way you will have one less excuse not to go.
- Take a break and learn something. Staying up to date on the latest news and information is incredibly important in the healthcare industry. Luckily there are tons of apps designed to help you do just that! When you have downtime, why not whip out your phone, relax and learn something new.
- Put a plant in your workspace. This can not only promote a stress-free environment but will also help improve air quality by removing impurities.
- Get ready for Monday on Friday. We know it’s hard to even imagine Monday when you’re rushing to get home on Friday but hear us out. Use the last few minutes of your day on Friday to plan for the next week. Set out any items you know you will need, or even leave a little treat on your desk for your future self. It will be the best Monday you’ve had in a long while!
Hopefully, you find some of these tips and tricks helpful in your daily professional life. If you are hungry for more ways to simplify your life, shoot us an email or give us a call at 816-437-9134. We can share many ways to help you and your practice rest easier!